FREE Muscle and Fitness Workout Routines
Learn How To Burn Fat, Gain Muscle and Shape Up Fast!
Enter your first name and email address
for free instant access to these amazing routines.
Bicep Workouts and Exercises
Bicep workouts are the best way to tone or grow your biceps to just the size and shape you want. Good upper body strength will help to take strain off your back and also improve your over physique. Men tend to spend untold amounts of time building their biceps. Female biceps also look great when nicely toned. After all no one wants flabby arms. Itís important to spread out the exercises you do. Just doing bicep exercises is tempting but focusing on just one area will leave your body out of balance! So donít forget your lower body.
If you want to develop massive, well-defined arms, this exercise is a must! It focuses all your energy on the biceps. You can also do these with a low weight to tone each bicepÖ which is the great thing about it.
1) Stand with your knees slightly flexed, shoulder width apart. Hold the barbell with your palms facing upwards. Space then out slightly more that your shoulders width. The bar should be resting nicely on your upper thighs.
2) Keeping your upper arm close to the side of your body lift the barbell towards your collarbone. Hold at the top for 1 second and then slowly lower back to that starting position.
- To protect your elbow take care not to bounce the barbell at the bottom of the curl. Keep the movement smooth and fluid.
- This exercises can also be done with dumbbells.
- Standing with your back against and wall will help keep your body straight.
- Use only your biceps for this workout. swinging the bar or using other muscles will reduce its effectiveness
As the name suggests this exercises is similar to hammering in a nail. Unlike normal bicep curls there is no twist movement involved with this exercises. Itís particularly good for isolating and building the bicep muscles.
1) Stand up straight with your feet about shoulders width apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your arms extended at your sides with your palms facing your thighs.
2) Keeping your elbows and upper arms still, slowly curl the dumbbells until they touch your shoulders. Make sure your wrists donít rotate. Hold at the top for one second and then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- To make it easier you can do this exercise sitting down.
- Donít allow the dumbbells to bounce at the bottom as this can cause injure to your elbows.
- To this being quiet a simple movement it is easy for your mind to wonder. Focus on the exercise and squeeze the muscles as you lift your arms.
These exercises are great bicep workouts. They really focus on front of your upper arm and help to build or tone your arm.